Summer Housing Ltd is building on the expertise created by the Summer Foundation in developing housing projects, which includes project management and its expert knowledge of the specific needs and preferences of younger people living in nursing homes. In addition to this pre-existing expertise, Summer Housing is also bringing industry leaders together on its Board and management team to deliver on its housing vision.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Assessment and due diligence on potential sites and estimation of demand for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funded housing in local government areas
- Specification and project management of design and technology incorporated within apartments, and common areas using Universal Design Principles
- Continuous evaluation, cost-benefit analysis and improvement of the built design and technology incorporated into the apartments.
- The Summer Foundation is connected to an extensive network of impact investors and philanthropic trusts interested in social investment.
- Selection of tenancy and property manager to manage tenancies through an expression of interest process
- Selection of disability service provider to provide shared component of support through expression of interest process
- Working in the local community to find potential tenants eligible for NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) payments and implementing an expression of interest and panel selection process
- Working with disability service providers to select tenants
- Working with the National Disability Insurance Agency to secure the funding for support, equipment and individualised modifications required by potential tenants
- Working with disability support providers to develop bespoke models of support specific to tenants needs
- Working with tenants to proactively foster community inclusion.
- Developing and overseeing of independent research to iteratively improve the design, support and technology incorporated into our apartments
- Measuring the costs and outcomes of tenants, in addition to measuring the impact on the liability of the NDIS.
*through partnership with the Summer Foundation