The primary purpose of this role is to support tenancy transitions and manage key stakeholders including the tenancy/property managers and disability support providers. This person will work closely with tenants, and collaboratively with project partners whilst maintaining strong governance structures and reporting to drive/measure performance and optimal outcomes for tenants.
A candidate who has an understanding of the NDIS and Specialist Disability Accommodation is desirable, together with a mix of housing and case management or support coordination experience. Some travel will be required in this role.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Ability to respond and engage with people with disability in a housing / accommodation setting,
- Assist tenants to achieve their independent living goals,
- Engage, inform and collaborate with key project stakeholders on assigned housing portfolio to achieve sustainable tenancies,
- Maintain current waiting list of prospective tenants and fill vacancies,
Essential Skills and Experience include:
- Demonstrated awareness of the key issues faced by people with disabilities relating to housing with case management or support coordination experience desirable,
- Understanding of NDIS, with particular reference to Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) preferred,
- Skilled in managing customer expectations and applying discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and environments,
- Experience in delivering quality client services,
This is a part-time (30 hours per week) 12 month fixed term position based in Melbourne. A full position description is available here.
How to apply for this job
To apply please send through your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Tenancy Support Officer
Application closing date is Wednesday, 22 May 2019, or earlier if a suitable candidate is identified.