Summer Housing has a vision of scaling housing by commissioning 300 new apartments designed for people with disability in major cities across Australia. This figure represents only 5% of young people in nursing homes across Australia that are in need of specialist housing in order to return to community living. Our aim is also to support the sector to build housing for the other 95% of young people in residential aged care. Over the next [five] years Summer Housing will:

  • Identify sites for development
  • Partner with government, private developers and community housing providers to replicate our housing projects
  • Use our design and technology expertise to create high quality housing that enables independent living
  • Share design and technology innovations with partners and other organisations
  • Provide resources to other housing providers to encourage the development of housing for people with high support needs.